Thursday, February 7, 2008

My haul.......


Back at the hotel, feet up on the coffee table, and it's check out todays goodies, I had a good time at the Whole Bead show, I found a Nepalese dealer I saw in New York a few years ago and restrained myself but did indulge in some neat Buddha charms, I got some more of the African fair trade beads that I have had some bracelets made from, I love that the money helps tribe women and that local materials are used. I did fall for a ring for myself, a huge chunk of silver with a old Indian ( not American Indian) coin in it from 1250AD, it spoke to me from across the room, I tried to buy the coin to make the ring myself, but they didn't have one and when the beautiful sari dressed vendor saw my Wholesale badge she knocked 60% off right away, so I said "I do" and we are very close my new ring and I.
The bad news for today was that the maid removed Pancake from the bed and threw him uncerimoniously on top of the tv, face down! Poor bear, he didn't get his nap or to watch Jerry Springer, many hotels Pancake has stayed in have given him a place of honour on the pillows, he has never been treated this badly before, and, he had the misfortune to fall out of bed last night, so he was a little tired anyway, I will have to take him with me if this happens again.
I am not sure he will like all the attention he would cause, he is a very shy bear.

No comments: