Monday, February 18, 2008

and then its.....


the Holidome, this is a HUGE show, that fills the Holiday Inn, its surroundings and a vast tent on the property, it is wholesale only, and huge, we are looking for great deals on toggle clasps and lobster claw clasps, which turns out to be a little difficult, as toggles are mainly made in India, Bali or Thailand and lobster clasps are an Italian 'thing', so finding them at the same dealer at a good price wasn't easy. We found a dealer name Ali who was an Indian living in Bali with his own factory who did a great deal on a big ziplock bag of toggle clasps, Becky very understandably could not resist some cut Aquamarine stones that were simply beautiful, we had yet more fun, and left yet another show just as it was closing, and Oh yes I forgot our side trip back to the Rio Grande show. We realised it was Monday, simple I know but not easy with so much distraction, and that it was the last day to get the show deals on the enamels ,and, band saw Becky wanted, so we had gone there after lunch till it closed at 4pm and then rushed to the Holidome.
So I have to tell about Rio Grande, the fact that it is their last day, and its late in the afternoon and they close at 4pm is very important to what happened. So we go to order the Inland band saw, I take a deep breath and put the gorgeous Fretz hammers and stakes out of my mind for the future, and enjoy spending the time talking to the Foredom guy and others about questions I had, and notice Becky flitting around the room with a deep sense of purpose, and then I hear "lesley" and Becky is coming towards me with two guys behind her carrying boxes! So we go to the car, the show is ending as we leave the room, there is that trend again, and Becky is the proud owner of the demo band saw at an unbeatable price, along with some another grinding tool and lap saw, as I try to keep a grasp on reality, and drive, Becky announces that she got a great deal on the full set of the hammers and stakes I was drooling over and has bought them for me, what a friend!!!! So Becky discovered that they sell of the demo tools on the last afternoon, I told you she is the bargain guru, we made out like bandits, it's a good job I have several classes when I get back and will be able to pay her back, I was so ready to invest more in my jewelry business, and this has been an excellent inspiratio, or, it could be oh hell I have all these gorgeous tools I had better make something decent lol
So after nearly driving like a lunatic, we are high as kites on natural adrenaline, and hungry and thirsty and overexcited so we see a Mexican food place, and get burritos and stuff, Becky looks thoughtful and I think it's because of our time like kids in a candy store at the Rio Grande show, but, no, its that her brother is flying in to see her Nephew, his son, in Phoenix, and is it crazy to go and see him ? Tonight ? I think for a nano second, and I know it isn't crazy, Becky doesn't see her brother very often, and it is only 2 hours north, so we jump in the car and tear off to Phoenix again, arriving about 9pm as they get to Johnathon's house from the airport. It is so fun to be back yet again to such a warm welcome and I get to meet Becky's brother and his wife, play with Newton again, who has kept me sane when I was missing my dogs, we stay around a couple of hours, have a great time, and drive back south to Tucson, arriving at gone 2am.
Yet again, it's an amazing fun packed day, and I mean packed!

No comments: