Sunday, April 27, 2008

Successful casting.....


I really can't explain the magic and feeling of success when my silver castings turned out well, here you can see the two rings I made, the larger one still has the sprue and button of silver left on from the casting, the smaller ring is desprued and ready for finishing, it's Charlotte's 15th Birthday on Wednesday the 30th, so I really enjoyed making the smaller ring for her. The larger one got a nice torquoise cabachon mounted it. Very addictive this casting thing, only problem being I need more tools, maybe I can get an acetylene torch for melting for Mother's Day, much better than a bunch of flowers!
P.S Dad don't worry I haven't taken up smoking the ashtray in the background has wax in it for modelling, honest!

1 comment:

Shayne said...

You are quite the busy lady! Happy birthday to Charlotte!