my first class with Micheal de Meng the class was 'The Morpheus Box' as you can see it's a wooden box with a four sided spinning centre piece, I made mine to go in my studio, with things that inspire me on the four sides, if your interested they are my Dad, my Mum, Salvador Dali and as you can see the Mona Lisa. I learnt some very cool paint techniques, there was plenty of good power tools for drilling, sanding etc. There was a lot of support and instruction, a fun lighthearted atmosphere and it was certainly inspiring, this was the class I was most nervous about before getting there, but, as it turned out, it was one of the best, and it taking place in the Art Asylum room, which in the evenings is open to everyone to go there and create, and its filled with donated 'stuff' so finding things for your Morpheus Box was as easy as digging through the tables and tables filled with artsy junk, that is where I found the cool stainless steel bolts I put all around my box. All in all a good time, with a great instructor, no wonder he is as popular and highly regarded as he is, a great day, I just couldn't believe it was my last class, the time has flown by so fast!
Thursday, April 10, 2008
My third class was.......
my first class with Micheal de Meng the class was 'The Morpheus Box' as you can see it's a wooden box with a four sided spinning centre piece, I made mine to go in my studio, with things that inspire me on the four sides, if your interested they are my Dad, my Mum, Salvador Dali and as you can see the Mona Lisa. I learnt some very cool paint techniques, there was plenty of good power tools for drilling, sanding etc. There was a lot of support and instruction, a fun lighthearted atmosphere and it was certainly inspiring, this was the class I was most nervous about before getting there, but, as it turned out, it was one of the best, and it taking place in the Art Asylum room, which in the evenings is open to everyone to go there and create, and its filled with donated 'stuff' so finding things for your Morpheus Box was as easy as digging through the tables and tables filled with artsy junk, that is where I found the cool stainless steel bolts I put all around my box. All in all a good time, with a great instructor, no wonder he is as popular and highly regarded as he is, a great day, I just couldn't believe it was my last class, the time has flown by so fast!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment