Thursday, April 10, 2008

This is a big deal......


only to ME, every year at Artfest they have 'show and tell' on the last night when students display there work for all to see, with 575 attendees there is a great deal of beautiful work filling four huge rooms in a large building. I have never had the confidence to join in before, but, having felt disappointed last year to have not done it, I vowed that I must do it this year, and with a feeling not unlike a child's first piano recital, I girded my loins and put my things out for all to see, and funnily it was a huge non event, I felt so silly for being so nervous, everyone was so kind and complimentary, and even if they hadn't been, I enjoyed it, it was another step in my path as an artist, and I am stronger than I thought, as I don't mind what people think of my art, it was more the Englishness of not showing off like this, it was a cultural issue, and I am glad to be over it, that is another thing about living in America, it is more than ok to have self confidence and be seen to be proud of your accomplishments.

No comments: