with one of my biggest inspirations, Susan Lenart Kazmer, I have long admired her jewelry and would even go as far as to say she is the Rober Ebendorf of this decade, her work is so original and exciting. I was really looking forward to this class, but, a little nervous, I need not have been, she was so reassuring, generous, lighthearted, fun and full of ideas and instructions. In the course of the day we were shown how to make at least four rings, using some unusual things, I only made two but one ring that went wrong I made into a pendant which I loved so much I made another, so as you can see from my poor picture, I made two large rings and two pendants. I had the best time ever in a class, which is a lot to me as I have had a lot of great classes, and I was able to relax and let my creativity flow, feeling supported and energised, I also had the benefit of knowing that in about a month I have three days of classes with SLK at Art and Soul in Virginia, and, I am driving to that, so can take my tools I missed in this class due to flying there. So anyway, had a FANTASTIC time, lots of tools, lots of help, lots of inspiration, lots of supplies, pleasant class mates, phew what a day, I was amazed how creatively exhausted I was in the evening, when I felt I could not go and paint etc. There just wasn't anything left, AWESOME!
Thursday, April 10, 2008
My second class was......
with one of my biggest inspirations, Susan Lenart Kazmer, I have long admired her jewelry and would even go as far as to say she is the Rober Ebendorf of this decade, her work is so original and exciting. I was really looking forward to this class, but, a little nervous, I need not have been, she was so reassuring, generous, lighthearted, fun and full of ideas and instructions. In the course of the day we were shown how to make at least four rings, using some unusual things, I only made two but one ring that went wrong I made into a pendant which I loved so much I made another, so as you can see from my poor picture, I made two large rings and two pendants. I had the best time ever in a class, which is a lot to me as I have had a lot of great classes, and I was able to relax and let my creativity flow, feeling supported and energised, I also had the benefit of knowing that in about a month I have three days of classes with SLK at Art and Soul in Virginia, and, I am driving to that, so can take my tools I missed in this class due to flying there. So anyway, had a FANTASTIC time, lots of tools, lots of help, lots of inspiration, lots of supplies, pleasant class mates, phew what a day, I was amazed how creatively exhausted I was in the evening, when I felt I could not go and paint etc. There just wasn't anything left, AWESOME!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment