Well I have discovered I love to melt metal, here I am melting silver ready to cast a ring in the Lost Wax Casting class I took at Wildacres in North Carolina earlier this week, I spent four days at 3500ft in the Mountains learning as much as I could of this ancient art. I was really thrilled to make two rings and a pendant, using steam, vacuum and centrifugal casting techniques. While I was enjoying myself in Fred Sias's casting class my great friend Becky was teaching Fused Glass Techniques to her students, we had some fun staying up late firing the students projects in the four kilns we took with us. Thanks to Fred, Glennys, Ed, John, Tynne and Chris who's friendship I so enjoyed during class.
Sunday, April 27, 2008
Melting point......
Well I have discovered I love to melt metal, here I am melting silver ready to cast a ring in the Lost Wax Casting class I took at Wildacres in North Carolina earlier this week, I spent four days at 3500ft in the Mountains learning as much as I could of this ancient art. I was really thrilled to make two rings and a pendant, using steam, vacuum and centrifugal casting techniques. While I was enjoying myself in Fred Sias's casting class my great friend Becky was teaching Fused Glass Techniques to her students, we had some fun staying up late firing the students projects in the four kilns we took with us. Thanks to Fred, Glennys, Ed, John, Tynne and Chris who's friendship I so enjoyed during class.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment