Two boxes of goodies arrived today from Rio Grande and Delphi Glass, some cool tools for me, and lots of cool glass and stuff for this weekends class, I am excited about this class, I have a whole boat load of glass to use, I don't have any worries about not having enough glass or paper goodies to use for collage either. I am hoping to have some students making three dimensional pieces, I would love to see some little houses made, I have made big ones, which are always spectacular, but I have often thought to make a set of houses, in increasing sizes, maybe even nesting. It was funny that both parcels were missing two items, that just didn't make it into the box, Delphi forgot the Nugget rollers, I love these little tools, they make copper taping a glass nugget so easy, I found mine ages ago in a obscure stained glass store, so I was excited to find them and have them available for students to purchase, I always enjoy sharing a great tool, so I was disappointed they weren't in the box, anyway, they were very apologetic and promised to get them here for Saturday.
I am following through on resurrecting my SLR camera, I found several different ones, and some film, I just need to check which cameras need batteries, I thought it would be fun to have all three us ( myself and the girls) go shooting photos around the town, and then take them for one hour processing and see what we have, I am excited and impressed I have actually made steps to make this happen, I think this is directly a result of writing this goal in my blog, it makes it more concrete, this is very exciting.
Now I just need to play with Photoshop more and get some cool stuff going, talking of which, I installed iLife 08 in my MAC the other day, and I am thrilled skinny with the effects in the browser of iPhoto, its hard to not tweek every photo I have! I am so impressed with the new Mac OSX Leopard, and I am really really impressed with iLife 08. Ohh I do love technology : )

1 comment:
I thought you should know that I read your blog aloud with a British accent!
:)
Post a Comment