Well it's all go here, off for the big food shop in a minute, and Dani to the salon for her 18th birthday glamorous hair, then less glamorous but essential trip to the vets as our ancient chihouahoua/jack russel has a really bad cough, it is shaking his antique frame terribly, its so much worse due to his trachea collapsing with age, poor little dude. So its good things nearly all the way, even Spud is cheerful even when he is coughing. I am also shocked that its 18 years tomorrow since I became a Mum, its that strange thing that it seems like time flies, and yet is seems like a long time ago.I think it must be impossible for the average human to truly comprehend the passage of time, there is probably a very good reason for that too.
So I found myself painting a lot this last couple of days, I had been noticing I wasn't journaling as often as I used to, but, now I can't stop, maybe the creative flow is like everything else, it just gets backed up, it has to come out eventually, I know procrastinating sees great ideas go by, and you think you can remember them and do it later but I am finding my memory bank just doesn't have enough free space any more, and thats ok. I am happy with my spot on my creative path, because at least I am on it, not like when I was in the thick of raising small children, and couldn't get to that part of me that I knew was waiting.
So that has the be one of the great benefits of the girls being the ages they are, is that I can be selfish and bury myself in my art and they can find the Mac n Cheese by themselves, mind you they dont always clean up after themselves, we are still working on that : )

1 comment:
Happy birthday to Dani!!!
Post a Comment