Monday, November 12, 2007

Things in common....

I was just enjoying my friend Suni's blog and read that she loves to develop film, use SLRs, what a coincedence, I was talking to my cool hair stylist on Friday and she mentioned she is digging out her SLR to take on a cabin in the woods vacation, and it touched a thought I had been having since my Dad gave me his old camera last year that I would like to get out and use my much used and beloved SLRs and even ( sharp intake of breath) dig out my darkroom stuff and get back to the old fashioned basics, one of my other inspirations is Lomo's, check out www.lomographic.com. Its becoming such a cult thing they even sell them in Urban Outfitters now. If this fires you up, check out Tracey Moore ( of Artfest fames) Lomo blog linked to Artfest and Teesha Moore's gorgeous online presence.
Of course part of me says, why, when you can do stuff so easily with Photoshop and digital cameras, but, artistically speaking, and with so many coincedences and inspirations I know I just have to do it.
I know my awesome Epson scanner is going to get lots more use, and mmmmm yummy I will get lots more nice photos to look at in real physical tactile albums.
So now I have 'said' this, especially in the public domain, well the two people who read this anyway, I gotta do it, so don't expect instant results, this aint digital, but look for stuff soon.

No comments: