I have just been having the MOST fun, I went back to classes with my old jewelry teacher Beth and have been having a blast making bezel set rings, I don't know why but something just clicked in the last few weeks and everything just seems achievable, its mainly because the gas torch soldering feels so much easier. I am really giddy with excitement of this big silver ring I am making myself, its big, yeah I can see confusion and doubt in peoples eyes when they ask what its going to be, heee hee. Its ok, I am sure of it, I love it, its going to be inlaid with colour, I am thinking of doing it like an artists palette, yeah I know this is hard to imagine, a picture is needed. I will work on that asap.
I am just so glad to be achieving goals in my silver jewelry that I have had for ages, it was such a good idea to go back to school especially with Beth, she is such a great teacher, very experienced, great sense of humour and lets you explore your style and creativity with the safety net of her care and support, something I wish to achieve in my own teaching style.
Well I have to go drive teenagers on a geology fieldtrip in less than an hour, so I had better get my act in gear, more later : )

1 comment:
Yay! An update! News from the field! A smoke signal! This just in!
Glad you are happy and inspired. Hope to see you soon!
Post a Comment