Monday, January 28, 2008

Journal prompt

For those who have asked for a journal prompt from me, here is the first one!
Paint or scribble a background in whatever paints, pencils you have handy, use at least two colours, stick something fun on there with a simple glue stick, remember to keep this simple and doable, now find a favourite writing instrument and begin a reflective flow of thoughts prompted by " I don't remember.....".
Try to not get uptight, let it flow, it may only be "I don't remember what I was going to cook for dinner" or something important like " I don't remember where I left the baby" just remember they are your private thoughts, there are no rights and wrongs, no critics, no failure, if your inner critic is scoffing, do your best, and do not show your work to anyone, without any input over time your inner critic will get quiet and you can ignore it and it will eventually curl up and disappear forever. Just remember you can rarely and maybe never get what you need from others appreciation of your art, it's best not to ask until you have learned to get that from yourself, the only person who knows what you need, we just have to forget all those voices we heard growing up that didn't help then and they don't help now, so throw them out, and there is another idea for a journal page.... : )

No comments: