I am really excited to be teaching for the very first time, which is always fun and special, my metal journal class at The Rubber Chicken in Gaithersburg MD this coming weekend, its short notice for class sign ups I know, but I got the chance to teach Saturday and Sunday, which is cool because I can take more tools and stuff for a two day set up. I love working with power tools and metal, and sharing this with fun people is going to be a blast. Lauri signed up before I even worked out the details, she is the creme de la creme of friends I have to say. I need to buy a lot of paper, I like to use some of the best , Fabriano Artistico, and I thank Teesha Moore for recommending this fine paper. Thats the only bad part about this class is the cost of the paper, and with the dollar the way it is, buying hand made Italian cotton based paper is not the smartest thing economically, but, undoubtedly the best choice if you love to art journal and build up layers of juicy paint and pencils, this paper can take it all and still look good, and it feels like heavy silk, yummy.
Its going to be amazing, well as long as I get more sign ups hint hint ; ) to see how different everyones journal is going to turn out, to see the unique ideas and embellishments that are brought and the interesting ways of fastening them down, of course there is always the wonder of modern medicine, I mean glues, I have to get over this hang up that I am cheating if I use glue, there really is a place for it, there are plenty of better artists than me using glues, I realise giving it thought that its the influence of the jewelry world where glue is definitely frowned on and rightly so, as it is questionable for long term viability, but I am not making heirloom jewelry, just rusty steel journals.
So if you don't have a whole lot of useful things to do this weekend, please come down and see the wild circus this class is going to be and bring your cordless drill with you !

No comments:
Post a Comment