I am so ECSTATIC a Brit won todays stage of the Tour de France!!!!!!His name is Mark Cavendish, he was born on the Isle of Man but I think he now lives in Manchester, and those of you that know me know how much I love Manchester. It's only his second Tour and he is only just 23, so he has a long career ahead of him. He is the fastest rider in the world and is off to the Olympics in a few weeks in a terrific British cycling team who could do really well.
It was a long stage of the Tour today 140 miles and the American Team Cavendish rides for did really well getting him to the front of the peloton, what a great time I had watching it live on Versus channel. It's always such a great time of the year having just watched Wimbledon live for two weeks every day, I now have three weeks of the Tour de France live, this is my usual way of spending July for the last few years. Versus Channel does a great job of the coverage live every morning and highlights shows later in the day, awesome commentators, Phil Ligget being British is a real treat.
So don't expect to get any sense out of me before lunchtime for next few weeks, this weekend is the start of the mountains stages as the race progresses through the Pyrenees, and I have my spot on the sofa all ready!

1 comment:
Cheers to the Brits!
Post a Comment