Friday, July 4, 2008

Big event!




Charlotte had a major event on the 22nd of June, her first aerial dance performance at the studio near Harpers Ferry, Charlotte has been doing this sort of dance for around two years and loves it, we have a gorgeous piece of red fabric hanging from the front room ceiling that she practices on, although it's not high enough for a lot of her pieces, she dances higher and higher as she improves.
There was four students performing, the others all used the trapeze, Charlotte loves her fabric, her first piece was entitled '14' and is a beautiful graceful piece reflecting the anguish of being a fourteen year old teenager.
Her next piece was 'I don't suffer from Insanity, I enjoy every minute of it' done to Nine Inch Nails 'Hand that Feeds', this was an amazingly bold piece developed only two weeks before the performance, and this dance was as wild as the title and music sound, she was angry and wild, with smudged make up, bold movements and powerful dance, we noticed one of two of the audience were a little shocked!
All went really well, she was very pleased with how it went, and I know I am her Mum, but, others agreed she stole the show : )

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

I am glad you are back and your camera is working again, looks like your family is up to lots of cool stuff!
best,
Kathleen