Saturday, December 1, 2007

Day's are passing....

it
I am enjoying seeing the seasons change and the excitement of Thanksgiving roll on delightfully to Christmas, something we didn't have in England, it's wonderful having two such great holidays so close together, we didn't have the build up, we just meander along in the grey foggy dampness of this time of year with nothing between Bonfire Night on the 5th of November ( which doesn't involve a special meal) till Christmas, does this make it more special, the short and sweet way, NO, the build up and early decorating are much less stressful and a whole lot more fun. No wonder they make so many movies about Christmas in America. Speaking of which, I watched a super movie the other night, I think the title was 'The Holiday' with Cameron Diaz and Kate Winslett, I am probably biased because a lot of it takes place in England, which I had no clue of until I was watching it, I had the delightful experience of laughing out loud, and weeping a little too, which is VERY unusual for me, yes I am very hard hearted ; )
this movie has a very special place in my heart, its up there with 'Little Voice' with Jane Sharrocks of Absolutely Fabulous.

No comments: