Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Whoohoo I am off again.....

I am off to England on Thursday evening, I will be back Tuesday afternoon! So yeah I am going for the weekend, Simon's family is having a bit of a 'do' for their Golden Wedding Anniversary, so we are going to partyyyyy!
I got my hair all chopped and painted, new kecks, and even a new eyeshadow, so I am living large and I in denial about the effects of jet lag, Joan Collins says she doesn't get it, but she does have the benefit of flying first class, I may not get champage and strawberries on the flight, but I am getting fish and chips for breakfast when we get there on Friday morning! This is much better in my opinion. In fact we are planning on having the majority of meals at the chippie or curry house, with a slap up lunch somewhere super as a big treat. Dani is thrilled to be 18 and legally able to drink in the pub, so expect reports of barfing behind bushes in pub car parks from my oldest and dearest, I say she has to start with half a pint of Marston's Pedigree, just like her Mum! No actually I started on cider, then vodka, and I was three years younger than her, it's wierd when your daughter is better behaved than yourself, not sure about that at all?
What is going to be tough is , shhhhh I can hardly say it, dial up, oh no, I don't know if my beautiful MAC laptop can take such a huge retrograde step, and it's back to using the phoneline so when your online the phone can't ring so everyone is up tight about it! Do you remember that too? So I may not blog as often as I would like, but, I will be trying, it's over 5 years since my last trip to Blighty, so I have no idea if wifi hotspots in coffee shops are as big as here, I bloody hope so!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well have a good trip to Blighty and bet Simon is looking forward to some good British beer!! The weather is crapat the mo. I'm off grand Canary Sat evening so what a pity. Would have brought both of you a pint or 3. Have a good party do.
David.

Anonymous said...

Forgot say Happy Birthday for Thursday Lesley.

laurilou said...

I will miss you all desparately til you come home again - wish I was with you actually ------BE SAFE

Laurilou

Lesley Whalley said...

What great friends I have, so sorry you were somewhere hot and glamorous Dave, you didn't miss much in the Potteries I can tell you! Said hi to your street and your mum as I went up Hanley duck on Saturday, nearly didn't recognise the place with so many new roads and stuff.
Had a great time, but, glad to be back even if I do miss daily trip to chips shop : )