Monday, August 15, 2011

Inspired

I just checked out my friends Blog and saw the most amazing needlepoint pillow using doodles, and it made me wonder, where is my blog, is it lost in the ether, but no, here it is, patiently waiting for my input, which has been rarer than hen's teeth recently. I got out of the habit once I fell into the addictive Facebook world, but, it doesn't really fill the same purpose as my blog thinking about it, my blog keeps me in touch with myself as an artist, Facebook keeps me in touch with people who I occasionaly show my art to. This is pleasant, but superficial, as little to no thought goes into the interaction, I just decide if this is something I want people to see or not, and if I do, I sometimes get an affirmation from a fellow artistic soul. It's like the difference between potato chips as a snack and a fantastic gourmet dinner that takes all evening.
I have managed to really stay connected with myself the artist through a busy summer and a tough couple of years, and I am really happy with my art right now, I even managed several self portraits this weekend, something I have always been nervous of, so pushing myself is going well. What I do lack is artistic friends I spend time with regularly, that feel as passionately about being creative as I do. Where should I go? I need to form a plan, and not be wavered by outside influences I feel responsible for, but are quite capable of happening without me. Maybe now I have 'said' it out loud, I can make it real? Let us see. Dear Blog I am happy to reconnect, now I just need to remember how to put up some pictures? Now where is the button for that?

No comments: