Saturday, January 3, 2009

Wow how time flies!

Here I am on the 3rd January 2009 and I haven't blogged since JULY, well I am over the guilt, and will give it a shot again, I bet there isn't anyone reading my blog anyway, so I can say any silly thing I want lol
A few things have happened, summer wasn't particularly hot, very few 100f days thank goodness, we went to the Outer Banks for North Carolina with my BFF Lauri and her family in September, that is a great place, miles and miles of white beaches, great food and family, and for me who usually roughs it camping, the luxury of a gorgeous air conditioned house with hot tub, in ground pool, a short stroll to beach, HEAVEN!!!!! Thanks Lauri and family, you rock.
Then October it was an exploration to Florida, haven't been there much before, we drove down, discoverd the joys of I95, palm trees, and a week at Daytona International Raceway, as Simon was asked to work safety crew for four days of motorcycle racing. It was fun, we swam in the sea, saw them driving on the beach, wierd how hard the sand packs down, unlike the Outer Banks where it whistled when you walked on it. Then spent four days with walkie talkies, a golf cart and all accesss passes driving round the infield in our golf cart, raced a few Harleys who were there for Bikefest, then left in the dust as we went flying into restricted areas they couldn't go in, funny as hell, of course it helped having very pretty daughter and tshirts emblazoned with SAFETY CREW in big red letters. We had very long tiring days, with racing some days going on for over 14hrs, first time I ever saw night racing, there were some odd lighting arrangements slung on the race bikes, lots of cable ties were used. It was really something to see the bikes up on the banked corners, it was like they were stuck on a wall at 150mph.
Dani has done well at local college, we are very proud of her, Simon is having a tough time with the economy affecting work so much, thank goodness we have a new younger more intelligent President voted in. We sadly had to say Goodbye and have fun in cat heaven to my beloved Chaos, my first American cat, she moved to Maryland with us 11 years ago, and I loved her very much, we had a special bond, we still have eight cats that we love, but Chaos was No.1.
I have had a tough time over Christmas again, it's too emotional, I miss family too much, I realised I love our American Christmas, the here, the now, what I cannot handle it the British Christmas, in England now and in the past, I can hardly handle missing everyone so much, that I procrastinate doing cards and gifts and then get in a bind, fevered with guilt and misery. So this year as has happened before few people got cards, and if you are one of these, please accept my apologies, it's not that we don't think of you, and I am working on getting better at handling it.

3 comments:

L Melohn said...

Good to see you back in the blogosphere!

Laura "aka Minnesota" from the rubber chicken

Lesley Whalley said...

Thanks Laura, nice to know I am not alone : )

Anonymous said...

About time you wrote something!! ;-)missed updates of what your up to. The Stoke fan club.