As an artist I find I gather things in my everyday life, sometimes having an idea what I am going to do with it, but, this bracelet has something in it, I got about four years ago that I honestly had no idea what to do with it, it's a piece of yellow line from the middle of the road. It has been lying round my studio and almost thrown out several times, but, I am using it now and it feels very right, I am bezel setting it along with some tarmac and letters from an old motorcycle license plate in a hinged bold bracelet in Sterling silver. Somehow with this bracelet I feel everything I have learnt and aspired to is coming together, I am already thinking of the next one, maybe with pieces of a motorcycle, I would love to use the painted name on a gas tank, for that I would need to find some cool easily identifiable pieces, so I have to be resourceful and find some more cool stuff. For right now though, this feels good, that my style is coming through loud and strong. I love the boldness the imperfection, the mundane and yet the unusual. I am so happy to be so inspired, all I need is more studio time and less housework : )
Monday, January 26, 2009
Really excited............
As an artist I find I gather things in my everyday life, sometimes having an idea what I am going to do with it, but, this bracelet has something in it, I got about four years ago that I honestly had no idea what to do with it, it's a piece of yellow line from the middle of the road. It has been lying round my studio and almost thrown out several times, but, I am using it now and it feels very right, I am bezel setting it along with some tarmac and letters from an old motorcycle license plate in a hinged bold bracelet in Sterling silver. Somehow with this bracelet I feel everything I have learnt and aspired to is coming together, I am already thinking of the next one, maybe with pieces of a motorcycle, I would love to use the painted name on a gas tank, for that I would need to find some cool easily identifiable pieces, so I have to be resourceful and find some more cool stuff. For right now though, this feels good, that my style is coming through loud and strong. I love the boldness the imperfection, the mundane and yet the unusual. I am so happy to be so inspired, all I need is more studio time and less housework : )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I remember when you scored that piece of striping!!! Way cool... love the jewelry.
Very very cool Leslie. I can't believe that is the yellow line from a road.
Clever girl!
Post a Comment