Tuesday, July 3, 2007

The Beginning......

Well here I am joining in with blogging, I always was a late starter : )
It feels like everyone is into this, but, that does mean I benefit from things being easier after everyone elses experiences.
Well today has been a busy day, I got all my class descriptions and scans of projects done and sent,which always feel good, I do so enjoy teaching, or sharing as I prefer to think of it, I just thoroughly enjoy it, I love being around people, especially doing anything artistic, it lights me up. On the more mundane front, I have got the laundry done, made a good looking cake for the 4th of July party at Korie's I am looking forward too, and have cleaned the kitchen, been food shopping and have great Rachel Ray menu ready to prepare for dinner, NOW if it would just stop raining at Wimbledon I would be in heaven. I am a total Wimbledone zombie, a habit I have had since childhood, learned at my mothers knee, I can still remember the excitement from my Mum as we watched it on a little old black and white tv, sat in her favourite chair, dinner often wasnt a fancy affair during Wimbledon fortnight. Then beginning this Friday its the Tour de France, so basically I am a tv zombie for a month every summer, I love to watch the Tour live during the day, then I watch the highlights at night too, my Grandma would say I will get square eyes from watching the goggle box so much, but I havent seen any evidence yet, maybe thats what the lines are there for, the day my eyes go square like Grandma said.
I am really happy with my art, I love the growth that seems commonplace now, I see major improvements and I love that I can accomplish what I see in my minds eye, I am working on pushing my boundaries now, using colours, topics and styles I would not have done before, I have come a long way from my less is more delicate British watercolour background thanks to some truly great teachers I have been lucky enough to have had these last few years, Artfest and Art and Soul had huge benefits this year, Misty Mawn and Juliana Coles truly changed me, thankyou.
I hope its easy to get my pictures transfered on this blog, I did mess about with myspace a couple of weeks ago because the girls are on there and are very helpful, but, I find it almost impossible to get pictures up, mind you so do the girls, so we will see as I would love to share the pics of my latest classes and stuff. So I will go play with that now : )

No comments: